Broad Street Site for Head Office
The following photographs show the site chosen for the new Broad Street
Head Office, to be built
in 1932/33 as part of a proposed Civic Centre.
The first image shows the existing buildings (Lee, Longland & Co, the furniture
store established here in 1903, moved further along Broad Street - away from the city centre, but towards its traditional customer
base in Edgbaston) and the second, after they were demolished so that the new building work could commence, in July 1932. Note that
the street numbers are shown on the buildings as 304 to 308, but the Bank's address in Broad Street was never listed with a number,
only its Post Office Box Number (10).