Broad Street Head Office - Safe Deposit
The southwest corner of the Safe Deposit in 1933. At this stage, only the walls of this
secure unit have been utilised to provide 4,640 individual safes. Blocks of safes were installed in the central area in 1947 to
increase the number of safes to 10,528. The grille in the corner controls access to one of the two secure rooms behind the rear wall.
Note the pullout shelves provided for the ease of scrutinising documents; these shelves are below the smallest (Class 'A' safes) and
above the three larger sizes of safe.