Broad Street Head Office - Committee Boardroom
This splendid room, decorated with Ancona Walnut panelling, and a teak floor with
a black marble margin, was used primarily for the monthly meetings of the Bank's Committee of Management.
The monochrome photographs
date from 1933; the later (probably late 1980s) colour photograph (from Albert Williams) shows the room adapted for lecture purposes,
with additional lighting and the magnificent barrel-vaulted ceiling replaced by a modern, utilitarian replacement that destroys the